Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The inspiration

Alexandra Patsavas- her name may not sound familiar to some, but most likely you have heard her music playing in the background of an episode of Gossip Girl or Grey's Anatomy. She is a music surpervisor for television series and films. In addition to these credits, Alexandra also has her own record label, Chop Shop Records.

I still listen to Britney Spears, but just as my taste in television and movies has evoloved, so has my taste in music. I respect what Britney's music is supposed to be-frivolous, yet fun. However, as I have grown up, I have learned the importance of quality over quantity. My favorite musician, Jeff Buckley, has been dead since '97, but his music is timeless.

I heard "Hallelujah" for the first time while I was watching an episode of The OC, one of the shows that Alexandra Patsavas was a music supervisor for. Since then I pay attention to the music played in television and movies.

Thanks to Alexandra Patsavas and Jeff Buckley, music has become one of my main interests. I have decided to write about music featured in television and movies; however, I often shop around itunes for new music. So for my blog, my main focus will be on music in movies and television, but for some entries I will blog about a band I found online.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good. Film and TV music should get more attention. Of course music supervisors don't normally write music. They collect and place other people's music in the shows they work on. I look forward to what you have to say. Note that the absence of music is sometimes as affecting as a John Williams score.

    ReplyDelete